The Coin


 


For Christmas in 2023 I gave a Decision coin to those I care deeply about.  I continue to give the coins and over the past year I have given out over 100.  

What is a Decision coin you may ask? It is a coin used to make decisions of course.  When you find yourself in a position you need to make a choice between 2 things.  Assign one choice Heads and one Tails.  Flip the coin.  Where it lands is the one you go with it.   Do not look back!

This started for me when I was on a trip the to the Big Island with close friends and my son Scott.  We found ourselves multiple times trying to make a choice on what to do, where to go or what to eat.  He would pull out this coin and say Head or Tails!  Flip it.  Off we could go!

Scott would later explain he got the idea from a book about a gentleman that use he would use a set of Decision Dice or coin to make all of his life decisions.  The book was the story of his life and how he experienced life making decisions in this way. 

When you really think about it a year from now does it really matter what you had for dinner or what activity you did? You are still creating great memories.  Maybe.  Just Maybe, you eat  or do something you would have never tried and found to love it.

The coin I chose to give is engraved.

On the Front:  "Tempus Fugus" Time is fleeting. "Memento Mori" Remember Death.

On the Back:  The Tree of Life and the engraving "Fac Vitam Incredibilem" To live Incredibly! "Menento Vivere" Remember to Live!

I carry this coin with me everywhere I go.  I use it often.  It reminds me "Time" is my most valuable asset.  Death is coming.  

To keep Living an INCREDIBLE Life!  To savor every moment!  Go for it!  Love Deeper!  Be in the moment! Enjoy my life!  


Live Incredibly My Friends!


Hooya!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manure

Mother in Laws

Accountability Mirror

Healthy Eats!